- An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.
- A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.
- Colt: The original point and click interface.
- Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.
- If guns are outlawed, can we use swords?
- If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.
- Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.
- If you don't know your rights, you don't have any.
- Those who trade liberty for security have neither.
- The United States Constitution (c)1791. All Rights Reserved.
- What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?
- The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.
- 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.
- Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians.
- Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.
- You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.
- 911: Government sponsored Dial-a-Prayer.
- Assault is a behavior, not a device.
- Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.
- If guns cause crime, then matches cause arson.
- Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.
- You have only the rights you are willing to fight for.
- Enforce the gun control laws we ALREADY have; don't make more.
- When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.
- The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.
Jesus chided Peter for whacking off the high priest's servant's ear, but on a later date he encouraged the disciples to take along a sword but yet with moderation (Luke 22:38b). Matthew 26:52 is a sobering statement. God obviously sanctions just warfare with plenty of Old Testament battle accounts, stories of good confronting evil with violence, and the End Times with Jesus' return. On the other hand, we are to be subject to our governing authorities (Romans 13). Does Jesus' statement in Matthew 26:52 relate more to Peter's impulsiveness and emotional response to the situation, or is it a guiding principle for all times and all cultures? After all, it was Jesus who told them to start packing weapons just before Gethsemane. John MacArthur's study Bible adds that it could be Jesus reproaching vigilantism because Peter was taking the law into his own hands.
Aside: Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist "